Update on one of the heirloom plum melons!

HEIRLOOM PLUM MELONS
One of my heirloom plum melons wasn't connected to the vine anymore, so I decided to open it up and taste it. The skin was soft. The flesh was firm and sour, so it wasn't quite ripe to eat yet. I smelled the plum melon before opening it up and it smelled like sweet melon. I counted the seeds in this plum melon and there was around 174, so I will have a lot of seeds to grow more plum melons next year, especially when I open up the other 20+ plum melons and collect seeds from them too:) 
I have the seeds of this plum melon below drying out now:

The stripes are a lighter orange instead of a strong red orange, which was probably why the flesh was still sour to eat:

This is the melon cut in half:


This is the melon with the white flesh scooped out and the seeds separated:

Thank you for viewing!!!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4 new honey mesquite trees!

Update on 6 honey mesquite trees!

Update on avocado, apple, pear, and apricot fruit trees and heirloom plum melons.