Spider mites, apple fungi, and pear seeds!

Spider mites
I finally figured out why the spider mites keep coming back. I examined the peach leaves closer and found tons of white bugs or eggs in webs hidden closely on the underside of a lot of the peach leaves, so no wonder I can't get rid of the problem! The peach leaves were drooping so badly.
I decided to get rid of all the spider mites by wiping and smashing gently every peach leaf with my hands that were covered in disposable examination gloves and had insecticidal soap sprayed on. So I am hoping like crazy that after doing that the spider mites will eventually and FINALLY be gone so my fruit trees can continue to grow! I also had this done to 2 or 3 of my plums.

APPLE FUNGUS
One of my pink lady apple trees got red dots spreading on 2-3 of its leaves and its stem. Because I already tried cutting off the previous red spotted leaves before, and that didn't work, this time I sprayed copper soap on the apple tree. I think it is helping the fruit tree with its fungi problem. Here are 3 pictures of the fungi:

Red dots on the leaf:

Red fungi growing on the stem:


Reddish pink fungi growing on the stem:


PEAR SEEDS
I have decided to germinate pears. I did it before but the hard black shells were causing the seeds to not germinate, so this time I peeled the black skin off of the pears before I start the germination process. The picture below shows the pears with their black skin peeled off. One of the pear seeds has its black skin on which I peeled off so it can germinate.
I'm going to germinate the seeds in damp paper towel with water and a small percentage of hydrogen peroxide that are sealed in a zip lock bag. I will try germinating them in the fridge and have it so it is dark.

Thank yo for viewing. If you have questions, feel free to ask in the comment section below. Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4 new honey mesquite trees!

Update on 6 honey mesquite trees!

Update on avocado, apple, pear, and apricot fruit trees and heirloom plum melons.