MORE updates, and a lesson I learned from this whole germinating seed experience!:)

This image is of a green sprout growing in between red cherry seed sides! This is my fastest growing cherry sprout!:)


This plant is my fastest growing date sprout! It's leaf is growing taller!:)


This picture is of a cherry tree seed that fell apart. The sides are no longer connected. From experience in trying to germinate this and other fruit tree seed sides that have fallen apart, they have not grown very well. The sides turned green, but then they ended up failing in their growth. So they don't germinate at all!
I'll have to throw away all the seeds that have fallen apart. I had an apricot seed that was germinating, but from handling it when I wanted to examine it, the sides fell apart from each other; that apricot ended up failing in its germination, which saddened me greatly:(  I do have an apricot seed sprout though, so it was worth the trouble in the end with all the difficulty I had to get at least 1 sprout.

So, I would suggest you handle your seeds with care after you have taken the skins off of them which makes them more vulnerable to falling apart. You can also throw away seed sides that end up falling apart, that don't stay connected to each other. It is very inevitable that you will get some seeds that do fall apart. Just try germinating enough seeds that you will get seed sides that do stay together!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4 new honey mesquite trees!

Update on 6 honey mesquite trees!

Update on avocado, apple, pear, and apricot fruit trees and heirloom plum melons.